Medical & Personalised/Engraved Jewellery Guarantee Policy
Important: If you want to return any items to us as part of this Guarantee Policy you must follow the procedure in our Returns Policy.
What items does the guarantee cover?
All items except:-
- Items bought in a sale or that are marked as "clearance" or "discontinued" are not subject to any guarantees and may not be returned or refunded. These items are sold on an "as seen" basis.
- Neck chains/necklaces, free gifts and gift packaging/boxes that are provided free of charge with pendants are not subject to any guarantees.
What does the guarantee cover?
Provided that you comply with our terms of this guarantee and our Returns Policy then we offer a guarantee in respect of defects or faults in materials and workmanship. The following is not covered by this guarantee.
- Fair wear and tear
- Damage resulting from improper handling, negligence or general lack of care
- Damage caused by corrosive substances*
- Accidents including breakage and bending and denting that might occur with normal wear or water damage
- Any loss (you may wish to consider insuring your jewellery or you may find it is covered under existing policy of insurance e.g. household contents insurance)
- Misuse or heavy usage
- Tarnishing caused by acidity on the skin or by medications or by perfume or by cleaning substances*
- Use which we deem to be unreasonable or inconsistent with our Care and Use instructions
- Repair/dismantling/tampering by anyone other than Lifesaving Engraving
- Indirect or consequential damage resulting from the defects or inaccuracy or inoperativeness of the watch or jewellery
*Please note tarnishing and fading may occur on the medical tag due to acidity on the skin or by strong medications, perfume and cleaning substances and detergents, salt and bleach.
What is the guarantee period?
All jewellery items are guaranteed as follows:
- All medical jewellery is guaranteed against manufacturers defects for 3 months from the date of invoice.
- Bracelets in the steel range are guaranteed against manufacturers defects for 18 months from the date of invoice.
- Engraving is covered for 12 months.
How do I return an item to you?
If you want to rely on this guarantee policy then you will need to follow the procedure for returning items to as, in accordance with our Returns Policy.
Please note that we cannot accept returns which have not been dealt with under our Returns Policy.
Please do not return any engraved tags with bracelet repairs as we cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to them. We can only accept tags if there has been an error on our part with the engraving.
What will happen next?
Once we have received a jewellery item from you our experts will examine it carefully. This usually takes place within 7 days of our receipt of your item.
Then, if we determine that the jewellery item is covered by our guarantee we will, at our sole discretion, either repair or replace jewellery with either the same or with an item of equal value or similar in appearance.
If your returned jewellery item has been engraved by us then any re-engraving will be with the original engraving only.
We will also reimburse you for the payment for delivery or postage or packaging charges incurred in returning the goods to us, to a maximum cost of first class, large letter recorded delivery.
Our care and use instructions
Use of your jewellery
All jewellery items are by their very nature delicate and should be handled and worn with care. Lifesaving Engraving Medical ID Jewellery should be worn and treated as you would any piece of jewellery. We advise that you:
- Wear jewellery for appropriate tasks. For example, avoid wearing when showering or bathing, cleaning, gardening or performing sports activities particularly swimming because chlorine in swimming pools can cause damage. Jewellery is not guaranteed for use during inappropriate tasks such as sports or swimming.
- Do not subject jewellery to heavy or prolonged use without regular care and maintenance.
- Protect your jewellery from sharp blows, scratching, chemicals, sunlight and heat/cold. Ideally, store your jewellery in a soft lined box or pouch.
- Avoid any contact with strong medications, perfume, with nail polish removers, hairspray, and cleaning substances and detergents, salt and bleach. Please note tarnishing and fading may occur on the medical tag due to acidity on the skin or by strong medications.
- Regularly inspect your jewellery for signs of wear.
Care for your jewellery
We advise that you:
- Store jewellery items apart, so that they don't tangle or rub against each other. Ideally, this should be soft lined box or pouch.
- Clean jewellery using baking soda mixed with a drop of water and rubbed gently with a soft cloth.
Leather Bracelets and Necklaces
- Leather may lose its natural oils whilst submerged in water resulting in weakness and damage therefore all leather jewellery should be removed before swimming, washing or bathing. Note water damage is not covered under the terms of the manufacturers guarantee.